Andrey Ptashnik wrote:
Rob,

Thank you for confirmation.
We will be relying on LDAP/DNS functionality and pulling policies like Sudo and
HBA from client machines. We are not looking to make domain wide changes using
ipa tools from those Ubuntu client machines.
I guess that should work, right?

Yeah, ipa-client-* and sssd should work fine, you probably won't notice any issues. Just the ipa tool would notice that the API versions are off.

rob

Regards,

Andrey