https://www.freeipa.org/page/Howto/Integrating_a_Samba_File_Server_With_IPA.
   >  Everything seems to work and I can access the files from another RHEL
   >  server attached to the same domain using a Kerberos ticket from a
   >  user from the trusted AD domain. However, I can’t access this share
   >  from a windows client that is also attached to the trusted AD domain.
   >
   >My smb.conf is as follows:
   >[global]
   >        workgroup = IPA
   >        realm = IPA.DOMAIN
   >        kerberos method = dedicated keytab
   >        dedicated keytab file = FILE:/etc/samba/samba.keytab
   >        log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
   >        log level = 3
   >        security = ads
   >        load printers = no
   >        disable spoolss = yes
   >        map to guest = Never
   >        restrict anonymous = 2
   >
   >[spacetest]
   >        path = /var/www
   >        writable = yes
   >        browsable = yes
   >
   >I put the keytab in place from the cifs service from the IPA server.
   >
   >I feel like I’m missing something small, but I can’t seem to find it.
   >Logs from samba are here: http://pastebin.com/aMDXfR78
   These logs show that your Windows client did not use Kerberos but tried
   to authenticate with password using NTLMSSP. This is not supported yet,
   as written on the page you used for the setup guidance.

   You need to find out why Windows client didn't use Kerberos.
   Is your trust to AD really working?

We’re authenticating AD users on the hosts that are connected to IPA.
We’re able to create external groups and associate them with internal
groups for HBAC and sudoers rules. Is there something else I should
check to see if the trust is working? It’s entirely possible I missed
something somewhere in the setup, but I don’t think I did.
Start by listing your configuration. Show:
- ipa service-show cifs/samba.server.host (using FQDN hostname)

- ipa trust-show ad.domain

- kinit user@AD.DOMAIN ;  KRB5_TRACE=/dev/stderr smbclient -k
//samba.server.host/share

- Try to access \\samba.server.host\share from Windows host and then
  show 'klist' in the Windows shell, or alternatively,

- if you are using Windows Server 2012 or later, show output of
  'klist get cifs/samba.server.host@IPA.DOMAIN'

- show any lines related to use user@AD.DOMAIN and
  cifs/samba.server.host from /var/log/krb5kdc.log on IPA master

You can replace actual hostnames/realm names/IP addresses by something more
generic
in the output when sending to the list, but please do it consistently.

--
/ Alexander Bokovoy