From: Martin Basti [mailto:mba...@redhat.com]
Sent: Thursday, October 13, 2016 9:36 AM
To: John Popowitch; Alexander Bokovoy
Cc: freeipa-users@redhat.com
Subject: Re: [Freeipa-users] FreeIPA v4.2 stopped working, wants me to run
ipa-server-upgrade, but has errors

On 13.10.2016 15:54, John Popowitch wrote:
> Also, it seems like most of these conflicts are nearly identical.
> Which leads me to believe I should delete the duplicates.
> The URL you shared seems to talk about renaming and keeping the conflicting
> records.
> Should I rename them or remove them?

Make sure that there is exactly one right entry (from each set of conflicts),
the best might be to rename one duplicated entry (DS will tell you if entry
already exists as worst case) and remove other duplications.
Please note that memberOf attributes are generated dynamically so you don't
need to change them it should be updated when you remove/update DN of entries.

Martin