On Sun, Nov 27, 2016 at 05:34:20PM -0500, William Muriithi wrote:
> Jakub,
>
> Thanks for response
> On 27 November 2016 at 15:43, Jakub Hrozek <jhro...@redhat.com> wrote:
> >

> >> I have noticed an error that pop up as the final line after running
>
> >> lookup_read_map: lookup(sss): getautomntent_r: No such file or directory
> >>
> >>  failed to read map
> >>
> >> Have anyone found a way to clean up that error?
> >>

> > No idea without more context, sorry. Does auto mounter actually work for
> > you or are some maps missing?
> >
> The mount work fine actually. I only noticed the error because I have
> a script that is consuming the standard output from "automount -m"
> command.  I thought instead of filtering away the error, it would be
> more prudent to fix the root issue.

Yes..

> > The message can really be harmless, because the client (=automounter)
> > iterates over the maps returned by the server (=sssd in this context) until
> > the server returns ENOENT. I agree though the message is confusing and
> > we’ll be (most probably) looking at some autofs enhancements in the next
> > sssd version..
> >
> Now that I have shared some context, is there any way I can track down
> whats might be causing it? Or better, whats are some of the candidate
> mistakes that can trigger it.

As long as all the maps are returned, though, this is really only a
confusing error message. I think the code that causes it is in SSSD's
automounter client code, around line 172 with the current master:

172     if (len == 0) {
173         /* There are no more records. */
174         *_key = NULL;
175         *_value = NULL;
176         ret = ENOENT;
177         goto done;
178     }

what you see in the output is just strerror(ENOENT)..