Hello,

Curious, two weeks ago, we established a two way trust between AD and
FreeIPA. This has been working fine till yesterday when AD started
having DNS issues.  I am 99% certain trust had nothing to do with DNS
issue, but want to reverse the trust and see if we could fair better

My question is, if I run "ipa trustdomain-del", what does it do behind the back?

- Will there be a change in the AD systems or just remove association
on IPA side without reversing changes on the AD side?

- Whats the implication on the IPA client?  Any possibility of an outage?

- Whats the difference of "ipa trustdomain-del" and restoring from
"ipa-backup" and what would be more recommended if one has both
options?

Regards,

William