On to, 19 tammi 2017, Steve Huston wrote:
On Thu, Jan 19, 2017 at 11:16 AM, Alexander Bokovoy <aboko...@redhat.com> wrote:
In short, FreeIPA 4.2 -> 4.4 change was by splitting server and client
side plugins into different paths (ipaserver/plugins and
ipaclient/plugins instead of being common in ipalib/plugins). The client
code was also changed to always read metadata about API from the server
side. This means the client can adopt to any server version that
supports API metadata.

Right, and I think that the most of the plugin I had belongs
server-side; in fact, that's where I migrated it to, and things work
fine.  I haven't tested if I can change those values with the cli, but
I'm less concerned about that at the moment.

In my sample external plugin you referenced above you can see that I
have client-side change that replaces an input string by a file
reference so that a file can supplied instead of typing the content of
the file on the command line. This is one of most used patterns for
client side plugins.

In this case, my biggest problem is with the web UI.  The 'manager'
drop down (which I have renamed through the UI plugins to "Requested
By" to show what user requested and is responsible for this account)
works fine in the 'add/modify stageuser' context, but not at all in
the adduser/moduser context, and I can't seem to find out why.
I'll defer answer for this to our web UI wizards but they would need to
see your code to help, I'd guess.

--
/ Alexander Bokovoy