For my understanding, there is something wrong with your configuration

>> ipa_server = _srv_, ipa-master-mydomain.com, repilca ipa-replica-mydomain.com

Firstly, '_srv_' means clients will find out which servers will be connected
with by dns srv records. In your explanation, DNS did not configure in your env.

Secondly, 'replica' key words ? I can not find it from man pages of sssd-ipa.
is it really working fine?

>>Also, can I define priority based on the order in which the IPA servers are
>>defined in

>>ipa_server = _srv_ ,<ipa1>,<ipa2>

your understanding is correct. server priority is based on sequence in conf
file. There is a problem for this configuration. Once 'ipa1' failed, all id
lookup/authentication will be happened with 'ipa2'. Even 'ipa1' was back, all
clients will be sticky on 'ipa2'

So, I suggested to configure it in this way:
ipa_server = <ipa1>
ipa_backup_server = <ipa2>

For another half clients,
ipa_server = <ipa2>