Thanks Matrix.. for the inputs..

> Firstly, '_srv_' means clients will find out which servers will be
connected with by dns srv records. In your explanation, DNS did not
configure in your env.

After running the ipa-client, the _srv_ was automatically added . The
configs options I passed for configuring the host as a IPA client is

ipa-client-install --domain=mydomain.com --server=
ipa-master-int.mydomain.com --realm=MYDOMAIN.COM -p admin --password=mypass
--mkhomedir --hostname=first-client-int.mydomain.com --no-ssh --no-sshd -N
-f -U

While configuring  IPA server , I did not pass the setup-dns options.( that
avoids setting up the dns server I assume )

ipa-server-install -r 'MYDOMAIN.COM' -n 'mydomain.com' -p mypass -P mypass
-a mypass --hostname=ipa-master-int.mydomain.com -N -U

So, I did not explicitly specify the _srv_ options. However, this has been
working fine till now.

> Secondly, 'replica' key words ? I can not find it from man pages of
sssd-ipa. is it really working fine?
sorry that was a typo from my side .
Its actually
ipa_server = _srv_, ipa-master-mydomain.com, ipa-replica-mydomain.com.

> So, I suggested to configure it in this way:
> ipa_server = <ipa1>
> ipa_backup_server = <ipa2>

> For another half clients,
> ipa_server = <ipa2>
> ipa_backup_server = <ipa1>

I will try this out.. probably I can safely leave out _srv_

Thanks
Rakesh