I am trying to automount homeshares (defined in FreeIPA). Now I ran into a problem with oddjob_mkhomedir.

By default an AD user would get a homedir that looks like

/home/domain/user

In this case oddjob_mkhomedir creates the domain-directory but not more. If I configure a client to use

/home/user

as the default directory (by setting override_homedir in sssd.conf) oddjob_mkhomedir creates the user directory but I still get a permission denied when logging in for the first time. (cd /home/user works)

Neither case 1 nor case 2 are satisfying.

Any ideas/hints/tricks/workarounds?

Regards,
Ronald