From: Martin Bašti <mba...@redhat.com>
Date: Wednesday, April 19, 2017 at 3:59 AM
To: Dan Dietterich <d...@cazena.com>, "freeipa-users@redhat.com"
<freeipa-users@redhat.com>
Subject: Re: [Freeipa-users] DNSSEC warning when DNSSEC should be disabled

On 13.04.2017 22:50, Dan Dietterich wrote:
I am seeing inconsistent results configuring a DNS forward zone.

At a bash prompt, as root, after kinit admin, I do:
ipa dnsforwardzone-add domain.internal  --forwarder= ww.xx.yy.zz
--forward-policy=only

That works fine and does not warn about DNSSEC.

In a Java webapp running as root under a Jetty, I run a shell sub-process and
issue the kinit and the same ipa statement.
_Sometimes_, I get
ipa: WARNING: DNSSEC validation failed: record 'domain.internal. SOA' failed
DNSSEC validation on server ww.xx.yy.zz.
Please verify your DNSSEC configuration or disable DNSSEC validation on all IPA
servers.

I modified the /etc/named.conf file to say:
                dnssec-enable no;
      dnssec-validation no;

and systemctl restart ipa

Any clue why the results are different?

ipa –version: VERSION: 4.4.0, API_VERSION: 2.213
Linux … 3.10.0-514.10.2.el7.x86_64 #1 SMP Fri Mar 3 00:04:05 UTC 2017 x86_64
x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Thanks for any insight!

Regards,
Dan

Hello,

checks are done on IPA server side, how many servers do you have? Is possible
that CLI connects to different servers.

However in this case, DNSSEC check should always fail and report error, so it
is weird why it passed.

Martin

--

Martin Bašti