On 01/05/17 22:08, Peter Fern wrote:
> On 27/12/16 23:32, Martin Basti wrote:
>> It is not a user, it is a SPAM bot mining public archives. We don't
>> have any control about it we can just un-publish archives (tested,
>> spam stopped after that) but they contain a lot of information for users.
> It's pretty bad - I got a dozen spam messages in response to a reply to
> the list today, and zero legitimate replies.  If these are really being
> scraped from the archives, can we please scrub email addresses entirely
> from the archive?

In fact, based on the rapidity of the spam replies, I was a little
suspicious of the suggestion that they're being harvested from the
public archives.  Checking the message headers reveals that these
replies are actually being generated directly from the mailing list,
since they contain a valid In-Reply-To Message-Id.

So, these are actually being generated by a subscriber on the list.