A user recently asked me if there was any way to reset the chassis
intrusion status on a Supermicro motherboard.  There is a proprietary
IPMI command on the Supermicros that allows this, since there is nothing
in the IPMI specification that allows this.

I thought a bit about how this might be implemented.  So the following
came to me.

1) We add a command into fish called 'raw' or something similar.  This
command allows us to right raw hex data to the BMC.  For example:

fish> raw 08 00 01 BA 18

2) Based on the 'raw' command, we can write fish-scripts to do various
proprietary commands that users may want to use.  We could just stick em
on the FreeIPMI webpage or something.

Thoughts?  Needless to say this is low priority.  I stuck it in the TODO
for later consideration.  Perhaps I'll try to implement it in my spare time.

Al

--
Albert Chu
[EMAIL PROTECTED]