On Mon, 2007-04-23 at 21:30 +0200, Ingo van Lil wrote:
> All characters up to the first '\0' should be printable (function
> isprint()), all subsequent characters must be '\0'. Otherwise you should
> fall back to hex syntax to be on the safe side. Maybe non-ascii
> characters (>127) should be forbidden as well to avoid character
> encoding problems.

Another possibility:

A colleague of mine suggested we output hex all the time, since the
string form is perhaps something we want to hide.

That would be somewhat consistent with the output of the IPMI Passwords
(which aren't output since they are not retrievable).  However, it just
seems not right to me ...

Al

--
Albert Chu