On Sun, 2007-04-29 at 10:48 -0700, Bala.A wrote:
> Hi Al,
>
> >> 1) freeipmi.texi, version-doc.texi, authors.texi, gpl.texi, fdl.texi
> >>
> >> Most of this doc is just cut and pasted from the manpages and other .txt
> >> files, it's already grown out of date, and nobody bothers to keep up
> >> with
> >> it.
> >
> > I figure someone will get mad at me if I remove the above.  But I went
> > ahead and got rid of the rest of it.  Some of it looks like it maybe
> > belongs on the webpage along with other presentations.
> >

> GNU FreeIPMI info pages are very important as per GNU recommendations.  We
> have to update them instead of removing it.

Well, for now I have decided to remove them because:

A) no one is updating them

B) the documentation is just cuts and pastes out of manpages.

Although info pages are considered important by GNU recommendations, I
do not think they just want projects to have info pages.  They mean for
there to be additional useful information not located in the manpages.

Al

--
Albert Chu
[EMAIL PROTECTED]