I think I know what's going on. I went into that dir, and ran ./configure
again (make didn't do anything), and here's what I got:

[root@localhost rlm_sql_mysql]# ./configure
creating cache ./config.cache
checking for gcc... gcc
checking whether the C compiler (gcc  ) is a cross-compiler... no
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for compress in -lz... yes
checking for mysql/mysql.h... no
configure: warning: mysql headers not found.
 Use --with-mysql-include-dir=<path
>.
configure: warning: sql submodule 'mysql' disabled
updating cache ./config.cache
creating ./config.status
creating Makefile
[root@localhost rlm_sql_mysql]#

So, now it looks like what I suspected is true...it can't find the mysql
header files, and it disabled mysql configuration. I remember that I
couldn't find the header files. Where do you get them? I used a RPM to
install MySQL.

Robert