At 08:40 AM 11/20/2001 -0800, George Genovezos wrote:
>Hi all
>
>I just installed the mod_auth_radius-1.5.2. Beautiful piece of software.
>Everything works great.
>
>My question is how do I add another radius authentication server to apache's
>mod_auth_radius module?

I don't know if the mod_auth_radius can do this on it's own.

>This way when the NT radius server fails my boxes will still continue
>running.

Run your radius servers on a *nix platform?  Put the radius servers
behind a load-balancer?  ( It is udp and non-stateful as long as you
aren't doing any proxying so this would work ).

Another way, would be to point 'mod_auth_radius' at a radius server
running on 'localhost', and have the failover done by the 'localhost'
server.  Freeradius does now support failover, so you could run that
on the web-server.  No, it's not pretty, but it'd work.

Apache can failover to another auth method, but not to another instance
of mod_auth_radius.

You could probably take a look at the Freeradius failover code, and patch
that into mod_auth_radius.  If it works, submit it back and it could be
patched in.

-Chris
--
    \\\|||///  \  Chris Parker    -    Manager, Development Engineering
    \ ~   ~ /   \       WX *is* Wireless!    \   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
    | @   @ |    \   http://www.starnetwx.net \      (847) 963-0116
                   \ Without C we would have 'obol', 'basi', and 'pasal'

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html