At 11:40 AM 11/27/2001 -0400, Matt Ashfield wrote:
>Hey All,
>
>I'm a total newbie to radius, and I apologize ahead of time. I've read the
>FAQ, but things are kinda flying high over my head after a few of the
>questions. I'm thinking it's the right tool for what I want to do, but wanna
>know if it's in the realm of possibility before jumping in full-footed..
>
>I have an Internet connection. I have say 10 drops in my building that I
>want users to be able to come in, plug into, authenticate and have access to
>the Internet. I suppose I'd give them a certain IP address if they
>authenticated correctly, and a non-routable one if they did it incorrectly.
>But what prevents them from changing tha IP address? Is that on the Radius
>Client (ie, the router)?
>
>Any info you can provide is greatly appreciated.

Look into an Access-Server that supports PPPoE, and can authenticate via
Radius.

I'd recommend Redback for starters.  http://www.redback.com

It's not a radius thing, other than the Redback can do per user
authentication to a Radius server.

-Chris
--
    \\\|||///  \  Chris Parker    -    Manager, Development Engineering
    \ ~   ~ /   \       WX *is* Wireless!    \   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
    | @   @ |    \   http://www.starnetwx.net \      (847) 963-0116
                   \ Without C we would have 'obol', 'basi', and 'pasal'

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html