"Carlos Velasco" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> We have a problem with NMC accounting in TotalControl 1000.
> It seems that the NMC uses Status-Server packets by design.

  Then it's broken.

  There is *no* way of knowing what each NAS wants when it sends a
Status-Server packet.  Every NAS vendor who uses Status-Server packets
does something different with it.

> I saw that Freeradius supported "alive" packets and I thought it was this.

  No, that's for accounting.

> I have seen this in the dictionary:
>
> VALUE         Packet-Type     Status-Server                   12
> VALUE         Packet-Type     Status-Client                   13
>
> There is some funcionality to support this?

  No.

  Read the NAS documentation to find out what it's doing with the
Status-Server packets, and what it expects to see in reply.  Add code
to the server to support Status-Server, and stubmit a patch.

List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html