Yeah, that was the problem; it was missing the devel package. Now I'm
getting countless more error messages from trying to build it.

It used to build fine before using the supplied spec file for SuSE, now it
seems that I need to add more packages to the system to get it to build
correctly, oh well....

This email, and any files transmitted with it, is copyright and may contain
confidential information.
The contents are intended for the use of the addressee(s) only.
Unauthorized use may be unlawful.
If you receive this email by mistake, please advise sender immediately.
The views of the author may not necessarily constitute the views of Telco Electronics
Limited.
Nothing in this mail shall bind Telco Electronics Limited in any contract or
obligation.

Telco Electronics Limited
6-8 Oxford Court
Brackley