At 04:14 PM 12/12/2003, Chris Parker wrote:
At 03:42 PM 12/12/2003, Rob Genovesi wrote:
oh boy, I remember kicking this around for ever as well ...

My solution was to 1) be sure you have development rpms installed and 2) do not use "--disable-shared" when running configure. I don't know exactly why this changed things, but compiling with shared libraries it was able to find and use all the necessary mysql libs and includes.

I installed the following MySQL rpms (Redhat) :
        MySQL-devel-4.0.16-0
        MySQL-shared-compat-4.0.16-0
        MySQL-client-4.0.16-0
        MySQL-server-4.0.16-0

Aha. Mysql4 changes some stuff. On Solaris we had to change some of the Makefiles manually to get all of the appropriate libs included to build the rlm_mysql driver built. It may be the same on RH as well.

Helpfully, MySQL 3 build syntax is not totally workable with MySQL 4 at
least as far as FR is concerned.

Following up my own post, here are the changes we had to make to the 'configure' in 'src/modules/rlm_sql/drivers/rlm_mysql', around line 900.

LIBS="$LIBS -lz"

LIBS="$LIBS -lsocket -lnsl -lm -lz"

In other words, we added the '-lsocket -lnsl -lm' libraries, as there
are needed for the compilation to complete.

Hope this helps,
-Chris
--
   \\\|||///  \          StarNet Inc.      \         Chris Parker
   \ ~   ~ /   \       WX *is* Wireless!    \   Director, Engineering
                  \ Wholesale Internet Services - http://www.megapop.net