On Fri, Feb 20, 2004 at 10:46:44AM -0700, Ryan Ghering wrote:
> First I'd like to say hi, new to the freeradius list here.
> And 2nd like to say thianks in advance for any help that
> can be provided for the problem below.

> I have a FreeBSD 5.0 server
> I've installed the "port" of freeradius as I cannot get free radius to compile.
> version 0.9.0 I believe.

> after edited all the configs and getting things setup I get this error when trying
> to start the radius server.

> Fri Feb 20 17:18:36 2004 : Error: /usr/local/etc/raddb/hints[28]: Parse error
> (check) for entry DEFAULT: Unknown attribute Prefix
Looks to me like /usr/loca/etc/raddb/hints is broken, on line 28.
> Fri Feb 20 17:18:36 2004 : Error: rlm_preprocess: Error reading
> /usr/local/etc/raddb/hints
> Fri Feb 20 17:18:36 2004 : Error: radiusd.conf[745]: preprocess: Module
> instantiation failed.

If you can't see the problem and the documentation suggests that what
you're trying should work, post the hints file (or if it's big the
difficuly part) and you'll probably get more useful suggestions than me
reading your errors back to you. :-)

> Any help is appreciated. Ohh on a side note I'd like to get the newer version
> "compiled" on this server and I get this error when compiling.

> aero# make
> Making all in libltdl...
> gmake[1]: Entering directory `/home/rghering/srcs/freeradius-0.9.3/libltdl'
> gmake[1]: *** No rule to make target `all'.  Stop.
> gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/home/rghering/srcs/freeradius-0.9.3/libltdl'
> gmake: *** [common] Error 1
> *** Error code 2

If FreeBSD supplies libltdl, then you can give configure a switch to
not try and build FreeRADIUS's version. I think it's --with-system-ltdl
or similar.

--
Paul "TBBle" Hampson, on an alternate email client