Hi Kostas,

What you diagonized was absolutely right. I am not able to connect to the
Domino LDAP Server on port 636 from the Linux OS. But, I am able to connect
to the ldaps port of the LDAP Server from Windows client.

I have the cert.cer file (which can be used to install the certificate on
to the Trusted Root) with me. How do I merge this into the FreeRadius
Server ?

Thanks.

JS

                      Kostas Kalevras

                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>                    To:       [EMAIL
PROTECTED]
                      Sent by:                                cc:

                      [EMAIL PROTECTED]        Subject:  Re: Problem faced in
integrating Domino LDAP Server for authentication
                      eradius.org                              with FreeRadius Server

                      26/04/2004 08:46 PM

                      Please respond to

                      freeradius-users

On Sat, 24 Apr 2004, Joseph Silvin wrote:

> Hi Kostas,
>
> The authentication is working when I used the radtest command. I followed
> your guidelines.
> But, I am unable to do the same on 636 port. Currently it works on 389
> only.
>
> The LDAP server is the Domino server. The FreeRadius server has to
connect
> on 636 to the Domino LDAP server.
> Any suggestions?

Test that ldaps (port 636) is working with ldapsearch
Follow the instructions in doc/rlm_ldap in order to enable connections to
port
636
Post debug information if you can't get it to work.

> Thanks.
>
> JS.
>

>                       Kostas Kalevras
>                       <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>                    To:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>                       Sent by:                                cc:
>                       [EMAIL PROTECTED]        Subject:
Re: Problem faced in integrating Domino LDAP Server for authentication
>                       eradius.org                              with
FreeRadius Server

> [...]
>                       Please respond to
>                       freeradius-users
>

> On Thu, 22 Apr 2004, Joseph Silvin wrote:
>

> > Hi Kostas,
> >
> > Thanks for the reply. But I am not able to figure out what to check
under
> > the "identity and password configuration directives". I have run the
> > following command and it is able to log in.
> >
> > ldapsearch -h 192.168.192.41 -vx -W -p 389 -D MyUserName
> >
> > The above command returns back the LDAP schema.
> > Please guide in terms of what changes to make.
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> > JS.
>
> radiusd.conf:
>

>         ldap {
>                 server = "ldap.your.domain"
>                 identity = "cn=admin,o=My Org,c=UA"          <----!!!!
>                 password = mypass
> <----!!!!
>

> > Note: Without the -x option in the ldapsearch, I am not able to
connect.

> >                       Kostas Kalevras
> >                       <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>                    To:
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> >                       Sent by:                                cc:
> >                       [EMAIL PROTECTED]        Subject:
> Re: Problem faced in integrating Domino LDAP Server for authentication
> >                       eradius.org                              with
> FreeRadius Server
> >

> >                       22/04/2004 04:30 PM
> >                       Please respond to
> >                       freeradius-users
> >

> > On Thu, 22 Apr 2004, Joseph Silvin wrote:
> >

> > > Hi Kostas,
> > >
> > > Please allow me to explain. I have installed FreeRadius on RedHat
> > > Server 2.1. The Domino Server which has LDAP service running is on
> > another
> > > machine. I am able to authenticate this LDAP using tools like LDAP
> > Browser,
> > > Outlook Express, Lotus Notes etc. Besides, if you look the log
> > file.......
> > >
> > > rlm_ldap: - authorize
> > >

> > > We can see that it has returned back correctly the radius_xlat
> indicating
> > > that the correct username has got verified. I have only put the
> username
> > as
> > > "MyUserName".
> >
> > NO. It has run an xlat on a string. NOTHING more.
> >
> > Please go ahead an read again my answer and FIX the problem reported to
> you
> > by
> > rlm_ldap. That is, fix the identity and password configuration
directives
> > so
> > that rlm_ldap can connect to the ldap server.
> >

> > > Can you please clarify what I am missing ?
> > >
> > > JS
> > >

> > >                       Kostas Kalevras
> > >                       <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>                    To:
> > [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > >                       Sent by:                                cc:
> > >                       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > Re: Problem faced in integrating Domino LDAP Server for authentication
> > >                       eradius.org                              with

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

> > > If that does not help, nothing will...

> > intended
> > may
> > > be
> > > copying,
> the
> > please
> and
> > > also
> 'mail
> > > with
> > be
> > > Jyoti
> > > damage
> > > http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html
> > > >

> > > --
> > > Kostas Kalevras                      Network Operations Center
> > > [EMAIL PROTECTED]             National Technical University of
Athens,