Hello all,

I am seeing some curious behavior with Huntgroups and how it relates to the
NAS-IP-Address attribute. This behavior is noticable in a certain RADIUS
test utility I have used.  This tool sends a NAS-IP-Address attribute inside
of an Authentication request.  What I see is that FreeRADIUS verifies that
my true (public) IP address is in clients.conf.  It then proceeds to look up
my Huntgroup based on the NAS-IP-Address inside the RADIUS packet instead of
the true IP address.

I first noticed this because my test utility picked up my client IP and put
it into the request.  This IP is NAT'ed by our firewall and shows up at the
FreeRADIUS server with a public address that is correctly verified in the
clients.conf file.  However FreeRADIUS then looks for a Huntgroup match
using the private IP address.

Is this behavior by design or is it a bug?

Thanks,

Mike

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html