> Hi
>
> I'm a student in computer sciences. In our network security class we are
> trying to get the 802.1x (dot1x) features of an Enterasys E1 Switch
> running with a freeradius server.

Hi, I'm using 802.1x on Enterasys switch, it works, then look :
http://www.enterasys.com/support/manuals/hardware/3755_12.pdf, and go to
chapter Security Configuration.

BE CAREFULL when enabling 802.1x/EAPOL, it activate by default and without
confirmation on ALL SWITCH PORTS. Before enabling 802.1x, you have to
setup all port  whith FORCED AUTHORIZED MODE, and just set AUTO mode on
port you need once you are sure that you can connect to manage your
switch.

By default, It activate RADIUS authentication on the serial port too but
it works not well, and I don't find yet how to use or change that, my
switch is in production I can't do what I want. Then if you can't connect
on serial port, you have to stop your Freeradius server, or cut connection
beetween. Then there's a timeout wich allow classical password
authentication.

I don't want troll but I think 802.1x on Enterasys is not well
design....it's very easy to do very big mistake.

In hope that can help you, I will be interested by return about your
work,thx.

Fred

List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html