Hi everybody,
I'm a new member. I have some problems using freeradius 0.9.3.
First of all, i'll give you an overview of my authentication network:

Linux redhat workstation: the radius server is installed here.

NAS Servers: 1) Cisco router 3000 series (i named it 3000A)
                   2) Cisco router 3000 series (another one, i called it 3000C)
                   3) Cisco router 2500 series
                   4) Cisco router 4000 series
                   5) Cisco router 3000 series (I named it 3000B)

When i want to enter the router, I have to authenticate against radius server before.
When I installed (and configured) the radius server for the first time, everyting was
ok:  the server was able to process every authentications and I was able to enter and
configure the routers.

Next, a strange problem has occurred on Cisco 2500 router:
At the User Access Verification screen (where you have to type user and pass) , if I
type an username and/or a password which is defined into "users" file (and "huntgroup"
too) everyting is still ok, but if I type an user/pass which is NOT defined into user
file, or whether it doesn't exist on the system (the authentication type is System),
the server goes in Segmentation Fault and crashes.

Here, there are the output messages (that i get with radiusd X option):

Listening on IP address *, ports 1812/udp and 1813/udp, with proxy on 1814/udp.
Ready to process requests.
rad_recv: Access-Request packet from host 10.255.255.10:1645, id=6, length=73
        NAS-IP-Address = 192.168.14.10
        NAS-Port = 2
        User-Name = "fdsfdsf"
        Calling-Station-Id = "192.168.1.25"
        User-Password = "dsfdsf"
Segmentation fault
[EMAIL PROTECTED] raddb]#

Note that user and pass actually don't exist, and at the User Acces Verification
screen, i get this:

               User Access Verification

               Username: fdsfdsf
               Password:
              % Backup authentication

Previously, this problem didn't occur against any other router, but now this occurs on
3000B and 4000 too (after I re-installed Linux OS and freeradius), while everyting is
still ok on 3000A router (It replies with %Authentication Failed message at User
access verification screen instead of %Backup Authentication message).

Does anyone know the problem? In which way can I solve it? Please, I'm becoming crazy.

Bye, Gianluca

Ps: Sorry for my bad english :<

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html