True - I need to figure out how to reverse the process. That is, I need to send something like "0xed5e" as my attribute value. For now I'll just use VSA as the attribute because it's not encrypted. If I set the value in radreply to "ed5e", the server returns "65643565" to the client, as you would expect. I need to get binary values into the table somehow. Maybe the API is smart enough to handle binary data even if the mysql command line client isn't? I tried prefixing each character with "\0x" but that didnt work.

Dave

Alan DeKok wrote:

Dave Mason <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

My apologies if this has been answered before but I didn't see anything. This is basically a MySQL question. I need to save MS-MPPE attributes in the radreply table. Those have a binary value.

Which is why they're of type "octets" in the dictionary. When the server prints them out, it prints them as a series of hex characters, which is in turn a normal ASCII string.