=?iso-8859-1?Q?Geissb=FChler_Johannes?= <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I tried to configure EAP-md5 :
>
> I did NOT set "Auth-Type := EAP" in the users file (as  written in eap.conf)

  Ok...

> in the authorize and the authenticate section of radiusd.conf I entered eap

  Why?  They're already included in those sections.

> but I get following errors:
>
> modcall: group authorize returns ok for request 1
> auth: type Local
> auth: No User-Password or CHAP-Password attribute in the request
> auth: Failed to validate the user.

  Read the REST OF THE DEBUG LOG to see if the "eap" module is being used.

  looking at only part of the debug log is a guaranteed way to miss
important messages which tell you what the server is doing.

> the Server somehow does not find out to use EAP-md5 by its own

  Yes... read the debug log to see why.

> If I set Auth-Type := EAP in the users file I get following error msg:
>
>  modcall[authorize]: module "files" returns ok for request 0
> modcall: group authorize returns ok for request 0
>   rad_check_password:  Found Auth-Type EAP
> auth: type "EAP"
>   ERROR: Unknown value specified for Auth-Type.  Cannot perform requested
> action.
> auth: Failed to validate the user.

  That doesn't sound right.

> could anybode help my ?

  Read the entire debug log.  Or failing that, post it to the list.

List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html