Andreas Meyer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Did some tests again. I set port = 0 in radiusd.conf and /etc/services
> looks like this:
>
> radius          1812/tcp        # RADIUS

  That's nice.  What ports does the server say it's listening on when
you run it in debugging mode?

> # netstat -pantu |grep radius

  See comments above.

> I then set port = 1645 in radiusd.conf

  Yes... the client has been telling you it's sending to port 1646.
It's important, therefore, to configure FreeRADIUS to listen on that port.

> and with radlogin I get:
>
> Nov 16 13:33:18 gamma radlogin[21938]: authentication OK, username andreas,
> service Login-User
> Nov 16 13:33:18 gamma radacct[21960]: accounting OK, type Start, username
> andreas, service Login-User

  I'm not sure why you think this information is important.  How does
having this information help solve your problem?

>  found another strange behaviour. Configured freeradius with "./configure"
> "make" and su "make install".
> Logging is done in /var/log/radius and raddb is in /usr/local/etc.
>
> when I start "radiusd -X" I get the following:
>
> gamma:/var/log # /usr/local/sbin/radiusd -X
> Starting - reading configuration files ...
> reread_config:  reading radiusd.conf
> Config:   including file: /etc/raddb/proxy.conf
> /usr/local/etc/raddb/radiusd.conf[429]: Unable to open file
> "/etc/raddb/proxy.conf": No such file or directory

  Ok...

> In radiusd.conf I have:
>
> prefix = /usr/local
> exec_prefix = ${prefix}
> sysconfdir = /etc
> localstatedir = /var
> sbindir = ${exec_prefix}/sbin
> logdir = ${localstatedir}/log/radius
> raddbdir = ${sysconfdir}/raddb

  The files are in /etc/raddb.  That's what the above quote says.

  You also said earlier:

> Logging is done in /var/log/radius and raddb is in /usr/local/etc.

  This disagrees with what's in the configuration file: "raddbdir=/etc/raddb"

  Which is correct?  Why do you have two "raddb" directories?

  The "make" and "make install" process install everything in one
place.  If the server is looking in two different directories for
configuration files, then it's because you edited the configuration
files to tell it to do that.

List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html