http://www.directdial.com/ca/shoptrendware/item/TW100-BRV-204.html

these arent too bad. i have tested to pix and linux vpn. otherwise i would recommend cisco pix. the older 520's are pretty cheap now......

_Terry

Kaczmarek, Thaddeus wrote:
On Nov 26, 2004 03:48 PM, Omar Armas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

What VPN appliance would you recommend to use with Freeswan to have
host-to-host tunnels?

We will put dumb terminals in kiosks of commercial centers(malls)
connected
through ADSL.
So I need an appliance that be able to start the ADSL and establish an
IPSEC
connection to the central VPN/Freeswan server.

Like we'll have many of them, I'd like a small, cheap and good
appliance. Does
such a thing exists?
Which would you recommend me to use?

(I tried Monowall, but IPSEC connection was unstable and freezes for
moments.
So I prefer to go with a secure option)

Omar

1) Use Openswan, its rock solid for most application 2)Anything that ipsec works properly on Tested to Pix 515, Netscreen 5, Checkpoint FW-1, and Watchguard.

Cheap and good in the same sentence, hmm.

Problem with the cheap stuff from what I have read is they try to
negotiate single des, which Openswan doesn't support. My co worker had a
lynksys and this thing absolutuely refused to do 3des no matter what we
tried. If you find one that does not support single des you may be
better off. You may be better off just having semi dumb terminals :-)

Check the archives at ltsp.org, you may get lucky.

Ted

DISCLAIMER

confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient of this
e-mail, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or
copying of this e-mail, and any attachments thereto, is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify me and
permanently delete the original and any copy of any e-mail and any printout
thereof.

E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free. The
sender therefore does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in
the contents of this message which arise as a result of e-mail transmission.
REGARDING PRIVACY AND CONFIDENTIALITY
Crown Financial Group may, at its discretion, monitor and review the content
of all e-mail communications.