>>> threading sound like an idea yes. Another idea is to get load-balancing
>> code
>>> inside freeradius. Then you could do something like the following:
>>>         accounting {
>>>                 loadbalance {
>>>                         relay_detail1
>>>                         relay_detail2
>>>                         relay_detail3
>>>                 }
>>>         }
>>>
>>>         radrelay relay_detail1
>>>         radrelay relay_detail2
>>>         radrelay relay_detail3
>>>

>>> That way you don't need to change much (apart from a few changes to the
>>> server
>>> core) and you increase the overall performance by parallelizing radrelay
>> and
>>> the detail module.
>>
>> Agree that would work too. I'd be glad to give it a try as soon as it's
>> available.
>
>Well, Alan was quite nice to provide that feature in a flash :-D, so it's
>available in CVS.

Trying to try it, but can't get it to work. I must be doing something
obviously
wrong, just can't see what.

- I downloaded freeradius-snapshot-20041205.tar.gz + modcall.c v1.26.
- configure/make/make install'ed
- added the above "loadbalance" section in accounting section of
radiusd.conf,
- added a "detail" item for each entry of that loadbalance section (also
tried
   without it, same result).
- start radiusd, and get this:
   radiusd.conf[1808] Unknown module rcode 'relay_detail1'.

any help appreciated...
thanks,
Bruno

-