Thanks everyone.

Alan, it all came down to the Freeradius proxy statement in the users
file. Once I did that everything worked fine. I am now able to
authenticate to OpenLDAP from the built in OSX client and the secureW2
client for Windows.

******************************users
DEFAULT Huntgroup-Name == 1X, Autz-Type := Wireless_Staff, Auth-Type
:= Wireless_Staff, Freeradius-Proxied-To == 127.0.0.1

******************************radiusd.conf
modules {

        pap {
                encryption_scheme = clear
        }

$INCLUDE ${confdir}/eap.conf

        ldap Wireless_Staff {
                server = "ldapchild2.MySchool.edu"
                basedn = "ou=people,dc=MySchool,dc=edu"
                filter =
"(&(uid=%{Stripped-User-Name:-%{User-Name}})(eduPersonEntitlement=wireless))"

                start_tls = no
                tls_mode = no

                dictionary_mapping = ${raddbdir}/ldap.attrmap

                ldap_connections_number = 15

                timeout = 4
                timelimit = 3
                net_timeout = 1
        }

        ldap Wireless_Students {
                server = "ldapchild2.MySchool.edu"
                basedn = "ou=people,dc=MySchool,dc=edu"
                filter =
"(&(uid=%{Stripped-User-Name:-%{User-Name}})(eduPersonEntitlement=wirelessStudent))"

                start_tls = no
                tls_mode = no

                dictionary_mapping = ${raddbdir}/ldap.attrmap

                ldap_connections_number = 15

                timeout = 4
                timelimit = 3
                net_timeout = 1
        }

instantiate {
        exec
        expr
}

authorize {
        preprocess
        eap
        files

        autztype Wireless_Staff {
                Wireless_Staff
        }

        autztype Wireless_Students {
                Wireless_Students

authenticate {

        Auth-Type PAP {
                pap
        }

        authtype Wireless_Staff {
                Wireless_Staff
        }

        authtype Wireless_Students {
                Wireless_Students
        }

        eap

}

preacct {
        preprocess
        acct_unique
        files
}

***************************************eap.conf

        eap {

                default_eap_type = tls
                timer_expire     = 60
                ignore_unknown_eap_types = no
                cisco_accounting_username_bug = no

                md5 {
                }

                tls {
                        private_key_password = whatever
                        private_key_file = ${raddbdir}/certs/cert-srv.pem

                        certificate_file = ${raddbdir}/certs/cert-srv.pem

                        CA_file = ${raddbdir}/certs/demoCA/cacert.pem

                        dh_file = ${raddbdir}/certs/dh
                        random_file = /dev/urandom

                        fragment_size = 1024

                        include_length = yes