-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Dustin
Doris
Sent: Wednesday, January 05, 2005 10:39 AM
To: freeradius-users@lists.freeradius.org
Subject: RE: Huntgroup

> I apologize about the plain text.
> This is what I have in the huntgroup file.
>
> Huntgroup1        NAS-IP-ADDRESS == 1.2.3.4
>    Group = Dialup
>    Slipstream-Auth = "true",
>                X-Ascend-Data-Filter == "ip in forward tcp est",
>                X-Ascend-Data-Filter == "ip in forward dstip 1.2.5.4/32",
>                X-Ascend-Data-Filter == "ip in drop tcp dstport = 25",
>                X-Ascend-Data-Filter == "ip in forward",
>

> Huntgroup2        NAS-IP-ADDRESS == 1.2.3.5
>             Group =Wireless
>             RB-Context-Name = local,
>             Fall-Through = yes,

The Huntgroups file is where you list attributes that would match the
huntgroup.  The users file or sql table is where you will list the
attributes you want to reply to the user with.

> My users file is empty because I use a Mysql database for the users names.
>

> The database is setup like this
>

> Username      group           password
> Joe           Wireless        test
> Bob           Dialup  test
>

> Currently the sql group table responds based on the group I put them in..
> I want it not to be that way. I want it to respond based on the NAS device
> the users connects from..

Using huntgroups and users files you can do this.  You could also store
the reply attributes in a mysql group, but I've never done that, so can't
help much on that.

huntgroups

group1  NAS-IP-Address == 1.1.1.1
group2  NAS-IP-Address == 2.2.2.2

users

DEFAULT Huntgroup-Name == group1
        X-Ascend-Data-Filter == "ip in forward tcp est",
        Reply-Attribute2 = value,
        Reply-Attribute3 = value

DEFAULT Huntgroup-Name == group2
        Reply-Attribute = value

So, when a user comes in it will search the users file.  If it comes from
1.1.1.1 it will match huntgroup-name group1.  Then it is told to send
those particular reply attributes.

If the user does not come in from huntgroup1, it won't match and will
continue searching the users file until there is a match.

I think you just need to simplify your setup.  Hope that helps.  Remember,
in the huntgroups file you just define what matches a huntgroup.  You have
to define what reply attributes will be returned somewhere else, such as
the users file, sql table, ldap, etc...

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See