Title: Mapping a single LDAP attribute to multiple radius attributes

I'm after some suggestions to a problem I'm facing…

Can anyone think of a way to map a single LDAP attribute to one of a choice of radius attributes depending on the type of NAS that made the request?

Ie, if the request came from NAS type A, then map the LDAP attribute to radius attribute blah-X
but if the request came from NAS type B, then map the LDAP attribute to radius attribute blah-Y

I can use huntgroups to group my NAS's together obviously, but I'm not sure of a method to map the LDAP attribute based on this? (other than modifying the LDAP module to do what I want… Performance is a fairly important consideration also.

I think that LDAP attributes returned in a search are only visible from within the LDAP module if the attribute is not mapped to a RADIUS attribute? This being the case, I could define a new "vendor specific" RADIUS attribute as a temporary holder for this value, so that another module can take care of the real mapping.

Any suggestions would be greatly welcomed, and thanks in advance for your thoughts…

Regards,
Mike