I have previously posted this, but received no response.  I am getting
fairly desparate, and would really appreciate a response from someone,
as I have no where else to turn.  Thanks in advance.
-----
Hello,
I am having trouble configuring our RADIUS server for use as a 802.11b
authenticator.   The box is running Debian Sarge with the FreeRADIUS
package from apt-get install sources (1.0.1 I believe).  As such, I
have tried to follow the examples on
http://techupdate.zdnet.com/techupdate/stories/main/0,14179,2693413,00.html
and also from the FreeRADIUS FAQ.  Ideally, I would like to have the
server setup so that the username is derived from the radio's MAC
(both CPE or AP radios), and the password be the secret key shared by
both the APs and the server.  This way no customer intervention would
be necessary (i.e. internet access without entering a password each
time).  I thought everything was setup correctly, but when I try to
run a radtest on localhost from the server itself, it immediately
rejects it.  I have added it to the clients file (and tried adding to
the users file as well, but to no avail).  If I try to radtest on its
actual IP address, it endlessly resends requests, and never returns a
reply. It also doesn't let any client CPEs authenticate with it
either, even though they are listed correctly (according to examples)
in the users file, and the APs are listed in both users and
clients.conf.  If anyone could provide any insight on this problem, I
would greatly appreciate it.  If you need more information, or I didnt
include something, please let me know and I'll be happy to respond.
Thank you.
--
kalen