Joe H schrieb:
> I updated all the server to freebsd 4.10
(snipp)
> Program received signal SIGTERM, Terminated.
> 0x10250654 in __sys_poll () from /usr/lib/libc_r.so.4
>
> I'm not sure how helpful that will be to anyone but it's
> all the information it showed.

Sounds like it's telling you that everything is OK...
Some very wild guessing:
I'm wondering if there might be some problem with
signal handling. IIRC there are some subtle differences
between BSD and System V signal handling.
Maybe ignoring the TERM signal during cleanup
doesn't work quite as intended or something similar?
Doing some experiments  with other signal
processing functions (sigprocmask,sigaction) to
replace "signal(SIGTERM, SIG_IGN);" or adding
some output to the signal handling functions so
you do see when they are called during shutdown
might turn up something...

         HTH,
              Stefan

-