> "Dudley Atkinson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > The User-Name = "PEAP-ABBAABBAABBA" is generated by the Cisco WLSE,
> > and isn't a valid name - perhaps I need to work around this somehow?
>
>   If it's only used for testing, list it in the "users" file.
>
> > I've read the docs but can't interpret what I'm seeing.  How is the
> > EAP-Message broken down to show the actual username and
> password being
> > sent by the client?
>
>   It doesn't matter.  The name is sent in the User-Name attribute.
>
> > Is the User-Name = "PEAP-ABBAABBAABBA" needed to start the
> EAP decode?
>
>   No.
>
> >  Do I have to have a dummy "PEAP-ABBAABBAABBA" user to make
> things go?
>
>   Yes, if you want the test authentication to proceed.
>
>   Alan DeKok.

Thanks Alan... I'm wondering if the WLSE is doing things right.

I put this User-name into the user list, and retested.  I get the usual
debug, followed with:

Remove PEAP-ABBAABBAABBA from user list
Remove localusers from user list
  modcall[authorize]: module "dbm" returns ok for request 3
modcall: group group returns ok for request 3
modcall: group authorize returns updated for request 3
  rad_check_password:  Found Auth-Type Local
auth: type Local
auth: No User-Password or CHAP-Password attribute in the request
auth: Failed to validate the user.
Delaying request 3 for 1 seconds
Finished request 3
Going to the next request
Waking up in 4 seconds...
--- Walking the entire request list ---
Sending Access-Reject of id 1 to 10.0.1.5:32854

Is this WLSE client misbehaving (I configured in it a username/password
different from this crazy one)?  What should be embedded in the EAP-Message?

Is anyone using the Cisco WLSE and successfully testing PEAP functionality
with it?

Thanks!

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html