We configure Freeradius to provide secure wireless connections to access points using EAP/TLS. All allowed users to make wireless connections to the access point are maintained in the file "users".  Freeradius is configured to run as a daemon in Linux. Whenever the file "users" is updated, we need to restart Freeradius daemon to read configuration file "users" so that the users in the file "users" become effective.

Is there any way to configure Freeradius so that the updated file "users" is read without restarting Freeradius?

If not, do we need to configure Freeradius to obtain authorized users in the database instead?

All help is appreciated.

Thanks!

Dan Ha