I work for an ISP with about 75,000 users.  The user information is
stored in and ldap database which freeradius uses to authenticate
against.  On a fairly regular basis I've been seeing radius timeouts for
no appearent reason.  It doesn't seem to be a server load issue and
nothing is showing up in the logs.  I've noticed that it seems to be
pretty consistant time wise.  Some people have reported it happening every
hour or so and it seems to happen almost exactly an hour after it happened
the previous time.  for instance, if it first happend at 10:38am, it would
most likely happen again at 11:38am.  It's usually being noticed on email
clients as they check email on pretty regular basis.

My question is, has anyone else noticed symptoms similar to these?  I know
it seems pretty strange but I figured I'd check.  I'm working on setting
up monitoring and possibly a little more verbose logging but thought
asking here might help point me in the right direction.  System
information below.

OS - freebsd 4.10
freeradius - 1.0.1
openldap - 2.2.19

load on the box is pretty low so that shouldn't be an issue.

Joe H.

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html