Mike,

That did it. I changed the users file in /etc/raddb/

# First setup all accounts to be checked against the UNIX /etc/passwd.
# (Unless a password was already given earlier in this file).
#
DEFAULT Auth-Type = System
       Fall-Through = 1
to:

DEFAULT Auth-Type = PAP
       Fall-Through = 1

Then change in the radiusd.conf in /etc/raddb/

In the Modules section for the  PAP module
change:

pap {
                       encryption_scheme = crypt
}

to:

pap {
                       encryption_scheme = clear
}

This will allow the webtv receivers to authenticate with freeradius using PAP.
And it will still use CHAP for the PC users.

BIG THANKS to you Mike. And a BIG THANKS to you Alan
for your input also.

Joel

----- Original Message ----- From: "Joel Eddy" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>