Hi Stefan & Michael,

Thanks for all your help.  The modification to the configure.in file
provided by Stefan made everything compile ok :)

LIBS="-L/usr/local/openssl/lib -lssl -lcrypto" ./configure --
prefix=/usr/local/radius --with-openssl-
includes=/usr/local/openssl/include/ --disable-shared
(btw, you forgot the leading " but i managed to find out where that
went :) )

Out of curiosity, how can you tell that it was being swapped around
that was giving the problem?  I'm no expert in debugging so anything
you can enlighten me on will help me avoid cluttering up lists in the
future  :)

Many many thanks!

J.Ho

-