Hi Mark ,

yes, you can
You dont need to log the stop ticket ? this could be usefull.

Regards
Thomas

re I go forth and break my radius and have a few thousand people
looking for me....

I want to collect the current allocate IP address and username into a
separate MySql table - if it (the user (=key)) exists - update the IP,
if the user does not exist, add user and IP.

I (think that I) understand that I need to have a second instance of
'sql'..

So, inside the default 'sql.conf' file - I need to change a line near
the top of the file from "sql {" to something like "sql sql_main {"
and then add another named section such as....

sql sql_catch_ip {

       driver = "rlm_sql_mysql"
       server = "DBserver.mydomain.com"
       login = "radius-login"
       password = "radius-password"
       radius_db = "radius"

       sqltrace = yes
       sqltracefile = ${logdir}/sqltrace_catch_ip.sql

       num_sql_socks = 5
       connect_failure_retry_delay = 60

       accounting_start_query = "INSERT into ip-table (UserName, Realm,
FramedIPAddress) values('%{Stripped-User-Name}', '%{Realm}',
'%{Framed-IP-Address}')"

       accounting_start_query_alt  = "UPDATE ip-table SET
FramedIPAddress  = '%{Framed-IP-Address}' WHERE UserName =
'%{Stripped-User-Name}'"

}

Then... in radiusd.conf - where ever I currently have 'sql' - I change
that to the (new) instance name "sql_main" , and in addition, in the
accounting section, also add a line "sql_catch_ip"...  ????

Am I missing anything else????