To: "freeradius-users" <freeradius-users@lists.freeradius.org>
Sent: Thursday, March 10, 2005 12:18 PM
Subject: Re: (dialupadmin) user edit not showing passwords

On Thu, 10 Mar 2005, Nick Bright wrote:

I'm storing passwords in plain text, to ease troubleshooting, and even
though I have general_show_user_password: yes in my admin.conf file, the
dialup_admin pages don't show the users' password anywhere (though I can
reset the password properly).

Hmm, the comments in admin.conf should be updated. The idea is just to be able to see if a user password exists (hence the corresponding comment in the user edit page) and to reset the value if needed. I strongly disagree with being able to see and edit the user password in clear text (for various reasons) so the above behaviour is not likely to change.
If you need to see the actual clear text password value you can do what was suggested and add a corresponding line in the user_edit.attrs file.

Ideally I think it should be on the "show" page only, my thought is to put another row on the table in the "Check Password" area that would show the password as in the database - leaving the "check" form, so that a test could still be done.

If it /should/ be working, please advise what to check for as I've been
poking around for a bit, and don't see anything that would be causing it
not to work.

--
- Nick Bright
 Terraworld, Inc

-- Kostas Kalevras Network Operations Center [EMAIL PROTECTED] National Technical University of Athens, Greece Work Phone: +30 210 7721861 'Go back to the shadow' Gandalf