Hello,
To make it short, is it possible to authenticate users through ldap
(which I can do right now), but limit which ports they can login to (16)
on a port by port basis through sql with having to store their password
in the db or modifying my ldap schema?

Currently I have freeradius authenticating users through NIS and
authorizing users to port numbers with the users file.  This works great
until the list starts changing daily on who can and cannot use ras.

I'm wondering if anyone has setup freeradius to authenticate through
ldap and authorize through a postgress db.  All the documentation that I
have read says that I need the users username and password in the
database, or that I need to modify my ldap schema.

Thanks,
jamie

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html