On Tue, Mar 29, 2005, Mametz Laurent wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I want to make an authentification with PEAP TLS.
> I think that my tls tunnel works fine, but i can't authenticate any user
> from my windows XP SP2. I have an AP netgear WG302, and my freeradius
> run on Mandrake 10.1.
> I read the FAQ and the news but, i am always in black ...
> My conf.

> users
> ---------------
> toto                    User-Password == "toto"

That is useless if you just want to authenticate by validating the
client SSL certificate.

> eap.conf
> ------------
> eap {

>                peap {

>                        default_eap_type = mschapv2

>                }
> }
>
>                mschapv2 {
>                }

Your freeradius is configured to do PEAP MSCHAPv2 by default, and not
PEAP TLS. I suppose it's just a default behavior and it won't interfere
if the supplicant explicitely requests PEAP TLS, but maybe you should
disable the MSCHAP stuff and set default_eap_type = tls in the PEAP
section. It would make your config file cleaner, if nothing else.

> auth: type "EAP"
>  Processing the authenticate section of radiusd.conf
> modcall: entering group authenticate for request 3
>  rlm_eap: Request found, released from the list
>  rlm_eap: EAP/peap
>  rlm_eap: processing type peap
>  rlm_eap_peap: Authenticate
> rlm_eap_tls: processing TLS
> rlm_eap_tls: Received EAP-TLS ACK message
>  eaptls_verify returned 3
>  eaptls_process returned 3

>    TLS_accept:error in SSLv3 read client certificate A

>  rlm_eap_peap: EAPTLS_SUCCESS
>  modcall[authenticate]: module "eap" returns handled for request 3
> modcall: group authenticate returns handled for request 3
> Sending Access-Challenge of id 27 to 134.214.202.181:1035

I don'y know OpenSSL and its obscure error messages well, but it seems
to have a problem with your client certificate. If i were you, i would
check that the right certificate and authentication method are selected
in the client's configuration.

--
Alexandre Coninx