Joachim Bloche wrote:

eg: would I have to add the table.
radcheck
id - - - - - - - - 4567
UserName - - user1
Attribute - - - Calling-Session-Id
op - - - - - - - :=
Value - - - - - 000bcdfxxx

I think this example is OK, but the op which should be '==' (':=' always matches and sets a freeradius parameter, I don't think that's what we're looking for).

I seem to get these parameters mixed up all the time. <must read doc's again>

Looking at radacct, I am receiving "CallingStationID" which appears to
be the mac of the connecting client.

You're right, it is Calling-Station-Id, not session... apologizes.

Would your suggestion be automatic or would I need to manually add the
attribute.

I think you can do it automatically, provided your NAS sends Calling-Station-Id with the authentication request. In this case you may rewrite the post-auth request to add the row in radcheck (see sql.conf). But I'm quite new to freeradius, and there may be 2 issues : I'm not sure wether it's possible to use an INSERT in post-auth, and I'm not sure wether the NAS will send the calling-station-id with the authentication-request (but if it doesn't, there will be no solution...). Anyway, this will be easy to check, but I have no radius server for the week-end.

If this doesn't work, then you'll have to use a trigger or any other
mean, in order to insert the row in radcheck when the first accounting
start for this user occurs. This would be less convenient, but still
not very complicated.

Joachim

I will perform some tests this week and see if I can nut this one out.
Thanks again for your help Joachim

Shane