Start radiusd like this radiusd –X and you should see it read the config files and it will run in the foreground. The –X is extended debug mode.   Equivalent  to  -sfxx. This should let you see where the failure is occurring.

David

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Shawn Xu
Sent: Thursday, April 21, 2005 2:02 PM
To: freeradius-users@lists.freeradius.org
Subject: No response from Radius server

I installed Freeradius server on FreeBSD. The installation went well, but I tried to test it, I got no response from Radius server.

After I ran radiusd, I got "The Apr 21 14:29:23 2005: Info: Starting-reading configuration files... ", then back to radius#

If I ran ps, it seems Radius is not running, because it doesn't show Radiusd.

If I ran ps -aux | grep radiusd, it shows

root   798   0.0   0.7   4764   3368   ??  ss   2:29pm   0:00:00   radiusd

If I tested on another Windows machine with NTRadPing Test Utility, I got no response from server.

Any help will be appreciated.

Shawn