Zawacki Jason D Contr AFRL/IFOS wrote: > Hello all. > > I'm trying to get ldap instances working on a per client basis. For > example, any authentication requests coming from host example1 should be > authenticated using the ldap example1 instance, and example2 should be > auth'd using the ldap example2 instance. Maybe I've been staring at > this for too long, but I just can't see how this is done. I've looked > at modifying the users and the clients file and just cannot figure it > out. The ldap username/password lookups work just fine. I'm hoping > that there is an easy answer that I'm oblivious to at this time. My > intent is to use different AD groups to authenticate users from > different hosts and/or services, without having to run different radius > servers. > > Thanks, in advance, for any help! > Jason

Hi Jason,

I think the easiest way to do what you want is to:

1) Define multiple ldap instances in the modules section of radiusd.conf, eg

        ldap ldap_client1 {
        }

        ldap ldap_client2 {
        }

2) In the authorize section of radiusd.conf, do something like:

        Autz-Type LDAP1 {
                ldap_client1
        }

        Autz-Type LDAP2 {
                ldap_client2
        }

3) Then in the users file:

        DEFAULT Client-IP-Address == x.x.x.1, Autz-Type := LDAP1

        DEFAULT Client-IP-Address == x.x.x.2, Autz-Type := LDAP2

I think you could also do a similar thing for the Auth-Type if you authenticate against LDAP also.

Hope you get the idea...

cheers,
Mike