I think it is best to start all over again.
I have been using 0.9.3 basicaly since that was the current version and it is
working
fine, now i want to upgrade and go for the newer version so i downloaded 1.0.2
and
found out that radzap is not working properly.
After looking in the MAN pages found out that radzap is a script which uses
radwho/radclient to do its job "Simple Term that is".
So checking up on it, found out that few users had similar problem and in the
archive I
located a message stating that it will be fixed in 1.0.3 or you can download
the cvs
and swap files then compile once more.
The CVS command i used was the one advising someone else to use and i got
radiusd,
copied the files and got a compile error when it got to radwho.c

I recently downloaded the snapshot - freeradius-snapshot-20050509.tar.gz - and
compiled
it, bearing in mind the version which is still on the system is 0.9.3.
I copied over radzap, radwho, radclient thinking that it might work in place of
original radzap so i can see if it works with the current version then change
all the
scripts i already have in place to the new command line before the upgrade, but
no joy,
i think it is incompatibility.

Sorry once more to go on and on but i think the above gives a better view of
what i
have done .

Sarky