On Wed, 2005-05-11 at 17:28 -0500, Douglas G. Phillips wrote:

> The problem is this: If I pass the radtest client a clear-text password,
> authentication is successful.  If either I pass the client an encrypted
> password (copied from the logs) or point the 5350 at the radius server,
> it doesn't work.  I verified that the shared secret is correctly matched
> with what is in the router.

The problem was indeed that the shared secret was incorrect.  The secret
was stored in the configuration on the router as a HEX value.  I had
copied that directly into my configuration.  When I realized that it was
a HEX value, I got the clear-text version in the RADIUS config, and
everything worked.

Thanks everyone.
--
Douglas G. Phillips
Distributed Computing         Information Technology Services