Hi everyone.

I am trying to set up my FreeRadius server for use with multiple
vendors simultaneously, namely Cisco and Quintum.  Currently we have
everything working fine with Quintum boxes and are trying to add
support for Cisco.

We are using FreeRadius to call a SQL Server back end.  Here is the
stored procedure config for the group reply query in our mssql.conf
file:

authorize_group_reply_query = "EXEC ${groupreply_sp}
'%{SQL-User-Name}', '%{Calling-Station-Id}', '%{Called-Station-Id}',
'%{Quintum-h323-conf-id}', '%{Quintum-AVPair}',
'%{Quintum-h323-gw-id}', '%{NAS-IP-Address}',
'%{Quintum-h323-call-origin}'

You can see the problem we are going having - if we introduce a Cisco
box then none of the vendor specific attributes are matched by the
radius server and so we just get a load of blanks passed in to the
stored procedure for these attributes.

We have tried various things such as including the Cisco dictionary.
However, Cisco attributes by default are in the format h323-xxxxx
rather than Quintum-h323-xxxxx so they again don't match the SQL
procedure config.  If we try changing the Quintum dictionary so its
parameters are names similarly to Cisco's, then the radius won't even
start, complaining that duplicate attribute names are defined (as
indeed they are).

Surely it must be possible to run free radius with equipment from
multiple vendors... can anyone help?

Mike

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html